About Wicehtowak Scarlet
Scarlet Security is a Canadian corporation that currently operates 10 Aboriginal Partnership Corporations and Joint Ventures in Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. It has a Joint Venture Partnership with the George Gordon Gordon First Nation. The partnership is known as Wicehtowak Scarlet.
The Scarlet Group of Companies provides a full suite of security services to the oil and gas, pipeline and mining industries across the country, as well as security for ice roads. We specialize in security for major industrial projects like Oil and Gas and Open Pit Mines in remote locations. Our sister company, Twilite Security, provides facilities security, CATSA airport screening and mobile patrol services.
We are the only mid/large-sized security company in Canada with Aboriginal ownership, and 70% of our workforce lives within the regions where we operate. Our company has been built on meaningful partnerships with local Aboriginal groups, combining our world-class experience, intimate knowledge of the regions where we work and a commitment to provide training, employment and financial opportunities for the local Aboriginal communities.
We have a strong company support foundation, with fully integrated in-house finance and technology departments.
Scarlet meets all COR, ISO 9001 and health and safety requirements of larger oil and gas companies. We are pre-approved with vetting companies such as ISNetworld, Hatch and Browz.
Scarlet specializes in major remote site security programs customized to meet each client’s individual needs. Our management group and senior project personnel are primarily retired RCMP members who are able to draw on a wide network of contacts to staff our Joint Ventures and provide security services for:
• Oil and gas projects and facilities
• Mining facilities, remote camps and construction sites
• Background checks and fingerprinting
• Due diligence investigations
• Winter road security
• Fire or environmental watch services for active and decommissioned sites
• Buildings or specialized facilities such as fuel and storage sites
• Scarlet provides other services such as basic and advanced first aid services, physical plants (vehicles, trailers, generators or other equipment), safety and security training and pre-employment security checks as required.